The Leeds Manufacturing Alliance brings together various local bodies to give manufacturers a powerful voice across the Leeds area.
The Alliance works on behalf of manufacturers to lobby local and national government about issues affecting the manufacturing sector and liaises with the education sector to address skills shortages.
The Leeds Manufacturing Alliance objectives are;
- To be a voice for Leeds Manufacturers
- To provide peer to peer networking for manufacturers
- To support a collective identity for Leeds Manufacturers
- To facilitate sub-groups to pursue activities of interest to Leeds manufacturers
- To provide opportunities for manufacturers to be consulted over, and influence policy that effects them at local, regional and national levels
- To run 3 – 4 events per year to address topics of interest chosen by the group of manufacturers
- To support 1 – 2 larger events per year that will include a broader range of stakeholders
- To work with other groups on activities of common interest whilst maintaining a separate identity for the Manufacturing Alliance
- To provide opportunities for local manufacturers to trade together and share commercial opportunities
- To help raise awareness and improve the image of local manufacturers
- To keep up to date with changes to grant funding and business support services
- To take ownership of, and tell the story of Leeds industrial heritage and stature
- To develop the brand of Leeds manufacturing to drive awareness and competitive advantage for Leeds manufacturers, particularly in export markets.