Grants and funding for manufacturing companies are still available. On this page you can find information and links to grants that may be available to our region’s manufacturing organisations.
A list of local and national support schemes is provided below. Since such schemes frequently change their criteria, please contact us first for more information.
Designing Demand is the Design Council’s mentoring service for small and medium sized enterprises in the UK. It helps businesses with an appetite for growth discover how to become more innovative, more competitive and more profitable. Management teams are enabled to understand how design, used well, can be a strategic and effective tool to boost performance, open new markets, cut costs and reduce risk.
The National Metals Technology Centre (NAMTEC) was established to improve the competitiveness and sustainability of the metals and related engineering industries throughout the UK.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) support UK businesses wanting to improve their competitiveness, productivity and performance by accessing the knowledge and expertise available within UK Universities and Colleges.
Manufacturing Growth Programme supports SME Manufacturers to make improvements by identifying, understanding and removing their barriers to growth
If you are an SME manufacturer, the Manufacturing Growth programme provides many advantages for you, including:
• An independent business review to identify opportunities for business improvement and growth
• A diagnostic tool specifically designed to help benchmark your business against internal aspiration and goals
• A detailed action plan guiding you through the process of improving your business
• On-going business support with a trusted and experienced Manufacturing Growth Manager
• Access to grants to co-fund your improvement project
• Guidance to access other support mechanisms and manufacturing themed workshops available from Summer 2019
Department for International Trade (DIT) staff are experts in helping your business grow internationally. Services include participation at selected trade fairs, outward missions and providing bespoke market intelligence. DIT can help you crack foreign markets and get to grips quickly with overseas regulations and business practice.
West & North Yorkshire Chamber supports businesses right across the District with a range of solutions and services to help cut costs, improve performance and make new business contacts. They also specialise in environmental advice for business, e-commerce solutions and social responsibility.
Leeds City Region, LEP Business Growth Programme provides grant funding to businesses based in Leeds City Region or planning to invest here. Grants of between £10,000 and £500,000 are available to create new jobs and business growth.
Skills Service: Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has launched a service that provides skills support to small and medium sized businesses. The LEP skills service helps businesses to identify their skills needs based on their business growth objectives and then find the right training solution.
Resource Efficiency Fund: If you want to lower your energy usage, reduce your water and waste costs and minimise your impact on the environment, the Resource Efficiency Fund could help. It provides financial support and advice for SMEs looking to become more resource efficient in the way they do business.
There are also support schemes that are targeted at specific locations, such as cities and towns. For information on these please consult your local area manufacturers website.
Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (AGE) Grants of up to £2,500 are available for businesses with 249 or fewer employees to recruit an apprentice. If you’re based in Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield or York you can apply for the apprenticeship grant for employers (AGE) from Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
There are currently 3 strands to the Digital Enterprise programme, including;-
- A Digital Growth Voucher – a grant worth between £1-5,000 to help eligible businesses invest in digital technology to achieve business growth and digital transformation.
- A Connectivity Voucher – to help eligible businesses to upgrade their digital connection – worth £1000.
- Free to attend workshops, masterclasses, digital conferences and mentoring support via our new Digital Knowledge Exchange service