Grants and funding for manufacturing companies are still available. On this page you can find information and links to grants that may be available to our region’s manufacturing organisations.
A list of local and national support schemes is provided below. As such schemes frequently change their criteria, please contact us first for more information.
Designing Demand is the Design Council’s mentoring service for small and medium sized enterprises in the UK. It helps businesses with an appetite for growth discover how to become more innovative, more competitive and more profitable. Management teams are enabled to understand how design, used well, can be a strategic and effective tool to boost performance, open new markets, cut costs and reduce risk.
The National Metals Technology Centre (NAMTEC) was established to improve the competitiveness and sustainability of the metals and related engineering industries throughout the UK.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) support UK businesses wanting to improve their competitiveness, productivity and performance by accessing the knowledge and expertise available within UK Universities and Colleges.
Department for International Trade (DIT) staff are experts in helping your business grow internationally. Services include participation at selected trade fairs, outward missions and providing bespoke market intelligence. DIT can help you crack foreign markets and get to grips quickly with overseas regulations and business practice.
Invest in Bradford supports businesses and investors from right across the Bradford district. Their support is free of charge and our services cover staff and retention issues, commercial property searches, access to finance as well as a range of business support initiatives with help and advice for inward and indigenous companies with their investment projects.
Bradford Chamber supports businesses right across the District with a range of solutions and services to help cut costs, improve performance and make new business contacts. They also specialise in environmental advice for business, e-commerce solutions and social responsibility.
Leeds City Region, LEP Business Growth Programme provides grant funding to businesses based in Leeds City Region or planning to invest here. Grants of between £10,000 and £500,000 are available to create new jobs and business growth.
Skills service: Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has launched a service that provides skills support to small and medium sized businesses. The LEP skills service helps businesses to identify their skills needs based on their business growth objectives and then find the right training solution. Small and medium sized business based in the Leeds City Region that have a budget to put towards training could be eligible for funding of between £500 and £50,000.
Resource Efficiency Fund: If you want to lower your energy usage, reduce your water and waste costs and minimise your impact on the environment, the Resource Efficiency Fund could help. It provides financial support and advice for SMEs looking to become more resource efficient in the way they do business.
- A core grant of £1500 is on offer, allocated on a first-come, first served basis subject to grant eligibility criteria
- Businesses with 50 or fewer employees within local authority areas of Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield and York
- Have never offered apprenticeships before
- Are offering new employment as an apprenticeship opportunity to 19-24 year olds with associated apprenticeship training via a training provider approved by the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
- The Apprentices must be following a recognised Apprenticeship Standard or Framework relating to our key priority sectors/skills gaps (Construction, Planning & the Built Environment, Engineering & Manufacturing Technologies, Information & Communication Technology – including digital)
- Are paying the national minimum wage for the age of the apprentice from day 1 of their apprenticeship training (above the apprenticeship wage of £3.70). This equates to £5.90 per hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 per hour for 21 – 24 year olds
An additional top up grant of £500 is on offer if:
- The Apprenticeship is at a Higher or Degree Level as defined by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
There are currently 3 strands to the Digital Enterprise programme, including;-
- A Digital Growth Voucher – a grant worth between £1-5,000 to help eligible businesses invest in digital technology to achieve business growth and digital transformation.
- A Connectivity Voucher – to help eligible businesses to upgrade their digital connection – worth £1000.
- Free to attend workshops, masterclasses, digital conferences and mentoring support via our new Digital Knowledge Exchange service
University of Bradford: funding available for manufacturers to partner with the University.